The Maryland Department of Transportation's Office of Minority Business Enterprise (OMBE) is the State's official certification agency for firms seeking status as a:
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE)
- Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
1. Application – Applicant submits a complete application and all required supporting documentation.
2. Investigation – An investigator reviews documentation submitted by applicant, conducts an on-site/job-site visit and prepares an investigative report.
3. Evaluation – MBE Advisory Committee (MBEAC) reviews the investigative report to evaluate whether the applicant firm meets the MBE/DBE/ACDBE program requirement
4. Determination – MBEAC Chair issues a written determination.
Important DBE Program Updates
Please refer to our “Resources” Tab and review our updated Federal Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program Manual for changes pertaining to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and State Department of Assessment and Taxation (SDAT) Registration.