The Maryland Department of Transportation's Office of Minority Business Enterprise (OMBE) is the State's official certification agency for firms seeking status as a:
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE)
- Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
1. Application – Applicant submits a complete application and all required supporting documentation.
2. Investigation – An investigator reviews documentation submitted by applicant, conducts an on-site/job-site visit and prepares an investigative report.
3. Evaluation – MBE Advisory Committee (MBEAC) reviews the investigative report to evaluate whether the applicant firm meets the MBE/DBE/ACDBE program requirement
4. Determination – MBEAC Chair issues a written determination.
The Small Business Enterprise Certification is a race and gender neutral program.
Certified DBEs will automatically be certified as SBEs, but all other firms must apply for SBE certification.