Maryland Department of Transportation
The Maryland Department of Transportation is pleased to present its official mission statement for the Department and its business units. The purpose of having one mission statement is to clearly define and communicate the primary direction for the entire Department, its business units and for the various transportation products and services we provide throughout the State. This unified mission statement will be our guiding light to the public we serve each and every day.
The Maryland Department of Transportation presents six goals that support the achievement of MDOT's Vision and Mission. These goals will guide MDOT in tackling the State's biggest transportation challenges over the next 20 years.
Safety & Security
Enhance the safety of transportation system
Preserve and maintain the State’s existing transportation infrastructure and assets
Quality of Service
Maintain and enhance the quality of the service experienced by users of Maryland’s transportation system
Ensure the delivery of the State’s transportation infrastructure program conserves and enhances Maryland’s natural, historic and cultural resources
Provide options for the movement of people and goods that support communities and quality of life
Support a healthy and competitive Maryland economy
Our Customer Service Promise
The State of Maryland pledges to provide constituents, businesses, customers, and stakeholders with services in the following manner:
- Friendly and Courteous: We will be helpful and supportive and have a positive attitude and passion for what we do.
- Timely and Responsive: We will be proactive, take initiative, and will try to anticipate your needs.
- Accurate and Consistent: We will always aim for 100% accuracy, and be consistent in how we interpret and implement State policies and procedures.
- Accessible and Convenient: We will continue to simplify and improve access to information and resources.
- Truthful and Transparent: We will advance a culture of honesty, clarity, and trust.
- Resolution: We will inform constituents clearly and concisely and provide assistance in a timely manner.
For more information on the State of Maryland's Customer Service program, or to submit a suggestion, please visit Maryland.gov/CustomerService.