The Local and Regional Transportation Funding Task Force (the Task Force) is charged with studying, evaluating and making recommendations on:
- the feasibility of regional transit financing, and,
- local-option transportation revenue and finance options for the purpose of raising additional
funds to support regional and local transportation system needs throughout the State.
The Task Force shall report its findings and recommendations to the Governor and the General Assembly
on or before December 15, 2013 (Monday, Dec. 16, 2013), and, in accordance with § 2–1246 of the State Government Article, the General Assembly.
The Governor has appointed the following bi-partisan members, representing local and county government,
to serve on the Task Force:
- Matthew D. Gallagher, President and Chief Executive Officer of The Goldseker Foundation
(Chairman of the Task Force);
- Transportation Secretary James T. Smith, Jr.;
- Senator Richard S. Madaleno, Jr., District 18, Montgomery County;
- Senator George C. Edwards, District 1, Garrett, Allegany, and Washington Counties;
- Delegate Tawanna P. Gaines, District 22, Prince George's County;
- Delegate A. Wade Kach, District 5B, Baltimore County;
- William S. Ratchford, II, Baltimore City Mayor’s Office;
- Lonnie Robbins, Chief Administrative Officer, Howard County;
- Richard M. Pollitt, Jr., Wicomico County Executive;
- Carol Krimm, Alderman, City of Frederick; and
- Denise Mitchell, Councilmember, City of College Park.