Maryland Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
The present-day Maryland Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (MBPAC) was formed in December 1991 as the Bicycle Advisory Committee (Chapter 624, Acts of 1991). In July 2000, the Committee became the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory
Committee (Chapter 670, Acts of 2000). The Committee advises State government agencies on issues directly related to bicycling and pedestrian activity including funding, public awareness, safety and education (Code Transportation Article, sec.
The twenty-two member committee is appointed by the Governor, combining the experience of citizens with the expertise of representatives from nine State agencies (Chapter 443, Acts of 2009). Committee members represent geographical regions
throughout the State and specific interests, including those of visually and mobility impaired individuals.
MBPAC has three focus areas for promoting bicycle and pedestrian activities:
1. Mode of Transportation – Promotes non-motorized modes as healthy, efficient, and environmentally-friendly ways to travel for work and for fun.
2. Education and Awareness – Promotes activities, programs and policies that foster bicycle and pedestrian safety education across all age groups; also promotes greater awareness of the mission and work of the MBPAC.
3. Tourism & Recreation – Promoting and protecting Maryland's off-road trail system while supporting Maryland State agencies, and providing guidance on program strategies that promote Maryland's trails
and tourism resources.
Maryland Department of Commerce: Vacant
Department of Disabilities: Bong Delrosario
Maryland Department of Health: Kristi Pier
Maryland Department of Natural Resources: Vacant
Maryland Department of Planning: Brooks Phelps
Department of Transportation-TSO: Vacant
Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission:
Maryland State Department of Education: Gabriel Rose
State Police: Lt Laura Beck
Baltimore Metropolitan Area: Matthew Hendrickson, Pierre Stewart
Eastern Shore: Patti Stevens
Southern Maryland: Marshall Edwards
The Washington Metropolitan
Area: Jim Titus
Western Maryland: Steve Green
Mobility Impaired Representative: Marian Vessels
Visually Impaired Representatives: Vacant
At Large Representatives:
Nigel Samaroo, Steve Friedman, Antoine RJ Wright
- Friday, January 27, 2024, 9 AM
- Friday, April 26, 2024, 9 AM
- Friday, July 26, 2024, 9 AM
- Friday, October 25, 2024, 9 AM
2022 MBPAC Annual Report
2021 MBPAC Annual Report
2020 MBPAC Annual Report
2019 Meeting Minutes
2018 Meeting Minutes
2017 Meeting Minutes
For inquiries specific to MBPAC, contact: MBPAC@mdot.state.md.us.
For inquiries regarding bicycle and pedestrian activity on state roadways, contact: email@example.com.